Wednesday, June 4, 2014

HONESTY BOXES IN THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY

If you know what one of these is then you'll be surprising to know that they really do exist..honesty...I mean honestly. Last night at nearly ten o' clock my tum started to rumble so I decided to rustle up an omelette. Realising I didn't have one single egg left after using them all up with my South African visitors of late, I was about to settle for a boring piece of toast. Then I remembered our wonderful honesty box belonging to our farming neighbours two doors down, rushed out, plopped one pound ten pee into the box and scurried back home. How wonderful - not only eggs on tap, but fresh, fresh, fresh, and delicious!

Oh I love village life; after the vast, dusty plains of Africa and state of the art security alarms and living behind iron grilles and high walls and fear, how nice it is to live in quintessential quaintness.  I used to live in Durban by the way and now live in South Luffenham, Rutland (England's tiniest county) in a little cottage with a wild garden and winding path...and a dreamy man with the most beautiful smile...could it really get any better than that? have a look on Google Earth ; )

Thought I'd share that with you.

Now nose back to the grindstone, or rather fingers back to the keyboard

Bi for now

Janey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, thank you!