Saturday, June 7, 2014

THYME IS OF THE ESSENCE...

Isn't this gorgeous...


This little pot of thyme is sitting in my porch basking in the sun and, if you look closely just flowering. See...yes, those lovely vibrant little purple flowers, so beautiful. I absolutely love thyme and have planted little clumps of it in between paving so that it not only looks beautiful when in bloom but will give off a delicious scent when walked on. And, of course, much better than weeds!

Now this pot has a history, having been transported in my container from South Africa. It, along with a chive pot, were given to me for mother's day by my daughter Lauren many moons ago and so I couldn't sell it like I did many other items. (Mothers keep some of the most bizarre items, don't they?)Sadly they both have lost their bottoms (perfectly fitting drip trays) so most of the time when I water it I get a flood of water dripping down to the floor, thankfully which is quarry-tiled.So no harm done...

Thought all you gardeners out there might like to share that one...

So there you have it: my jot of the day.
Speak later...Janey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, thank you!